This weekend some of my parents’ friends invited us to their cabin on Trout Lake which is near Telluride.
I learned a few new things this weekend.
1. Contrary to what spell-check says, jeeping is most definitely a verb.
2. Driving is better than riding.
3. A fish is a fish, no matter how small.
4. Having a fire in the fireplace in July is totally acceptable.
5. If you can’t find skewers for your shrimp/veggies/pineapple there’s no reason you can’t make your own by whittling some aspen branches with a pocket knife.
6. Wildflowers are oh-so-fun to take pictures in.
7. Sometimes it’s fun to go through rivers…
even if there is a bridge right next to you!
8. If you’re unsure if your cobbler turned out (baking at 10,000 feet certainly messes with things), top it with ice cream. No one will notice.
9. Melting snow is some pretty powerful stuff.
10. Gondolas are the best transportation method to take to church.
11. Painting in the middle of the street is totally acceptable.
What have you learned this weekend?
Don’t forget to enter the Newman’s Own Organic Giveaway