1. My brief lack of blogging is because I spent the weekend (err Wednesday through Saturday) in Keystone. My dad has a conference there, the basic theme for the event was “making Colorado the healthiest state.” There were a few sessions about nutrition and my dad
invited me to attend snuck me into one of them. I’ll be discussing it more in a future post. Look forward to that soon!
2. We climbed our first fourteener on Saturday! The atlitude + rockiness + steep incline made this a tough hike, but we made it!
3. I totally lied to you the other day when I said something about 61 songs. It was an accident. The number is actually higher. STOP JUDGING ME.
4. I start school in 11 days. Nooooooooooo. Summer reading, College apps, SAT stuff, and service hour sheets will be occupying my week. It shall be lots of fun (what is this, opposite day??).
5. I’m going vegan for the week. Actually, 5 days. The thing that is making it most difficult is I’m refusing to use any substitutes. No margarine, tofu, or soy yogurt for me. I’m sure if I was a long-term vegan I would use those things on occasion (except for margarine, I would NEVER cheat on butter like that) but I figure I can go without them for 5 days. I will be making lots of Mama Pea recipes.
6. I head back to Texas a week from Wednesday. I’m going to die in the heat.
7. I have a super easy, tasty, healthy, breakfast to share with you.
Whole-wheat tortilla + natural pb + granola + honey + apple slices + cinnamon
Seal with peanut butter (it help it stay closed!) and love.
Make ahead, store in the fridge, grab when you’re hungry.
Perfect thing to eat while climbing mountains, listening to teeny bopper music, or reading borrrring books.
Can you believe it’s August 1st???