Thanks for your comments on my potential giveaway. Sounds like many of you like the Cashew Cookie Lara Bars which is great because I certainly want someone to enjoy them! Isn’t it funny how people’s taste buds are so different? I’ll be sure and let you know more about the giveaway soon.
I had tons of recipes I wanted to try last weekend like I mentioned I would be doing in this post. However, with a last-minute trip out-of-town it just didn’t happen. Never fear, this weekend is here!
Yum! I almost follow her recipe to a “t”, I just did it in my food processor and used regulur salted cashews. Next time I’ll use the raw cashews and maybe a bit less sweetener and just a splash of water to keep the texture the same because my taste buds are wacky and I don’t like things as sweet as most people do. For “normal people” the sweetness level is probably perfect!
Paola at Sol de Luna tagged me with the Stylish Blogger Award and since most of you really don’t know anything about me, I figure what the heck I”ll share a few random things about myself.
Stylish Blogger Award
Here are the rules!
There are 4 duties to perform to accept this award:
1. Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!
1. I was homeschooled through 8th grade. I’m often asked if I prefer being homeschooled or going to school. Honestly, that’s a tough question. I”m glad I was homeschooled when I was, but I am glad I’m in school now. There are certainly pro’s and con’s to both.
2. On Wednesday I ate a bowl of popcorn with a spoon. Yeah, I know, I’m a weirdo. I just really hate how popcorn makes my hands all greasy.
3. I have 2 older sisters and an older brother.
4. When I was younger, whenever I cooked I explained everything that I was doing out loud, pretending there were cameras filming me on my very own cooking show….what can I say I was (and still am) a total Food Network junkie.
5. I try to avoid eating at chain restaurants. I think dining out is all about finding special and unique places. In my opinion, anything that can be mass-produced across the country can’t really be that special. I also like to support local chefs and entrepreneurs.
6. I will be spending the majority of my summer in Colorado
7. I love traveling. I have already visited quite a number of countries and there are so many more I want to go to. On the top of my list are Spain, South Africa, and New Zealand. In college, I really, really want to study abroad. I just love the idea of experiencing a totally different culture.
I tag you! All of you bloggers out there are so stylish and unique in your own, so please consider yourself tagged!
Also, I have some meat marinating in the fridge which I will be making beef jerky out of tomorrow. This is totally new to me so we’ll see how it turns out. Vegans/vegetarians/non red meat eaters, you might want to bypass my blog tomorrow!
What are you planning to make this weekend? Trying anything new? Do you like quick and easy recipes or do you like spending lots of time cooking?
While, during the week I’m into quick n’ easy out of simple necessity, I like spending lots of time in the kitchen. If I have the time, I really don’t mind long complicated recipes. Cooking is relaxing and fun to me!
Enjoy your weekend.