I am very excited to present to you my very first guest post (well non-family guest poster that is). I am very happy to have the lovely Alex here today! Without further ado…
Hello all! This is Alex from Spoonful of Sugar Free. Thank you so much, Ann Claire, for giving me the opportunity to write a guest post.
- One in every three teenagers are overweight or obese;
- One-third of U.S. adults will have diabetes by 2050 (unless something drastic changes)
Chocolate Chunk Monster Cookies
~This recipe can be gluten-free if using gluten-free oats. It is also vegan, dairy-free, and of course, sugar-free! Makes about 30-35 cookies
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (or olive oil works, too)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4-5 ounces 100% dark chocolate bar (Found in the baking section in the grocery store. I suggest Baker’s chocolate or Ghiradelli unsweetened)
Preheat oven to 350*. Mash the bananas, and mix in the other wet ingredients. Then add the dry ingredients and mix until well-incorporated. Next, chop the chocolate bar into small chunks and mix into batter. Drop Tablespoons-full of dough onto a cookie-sheet about 1/2 inch apart. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown.